Tips on How to Have a Successful 10-Day Cleanse
Recently I decided to do a 10 day cleanse because I could feel my diet slipping and I knew that my body was becoming inflamed due to the foods that I was eating. First, let me just start by saying the foods that the majority of us eat on a daily basis are slowly destroying our health. There are poisons and chemicals that have been “approved” to be put into our food without a lot of knowledge of what those chemicals are actually doing to our bodies. These chemicals create an inflammatory response and affect how our body functions in a very undesirable way. When we consume inflammatory foods such as sugar, gluten, dairy, alcohol, artificial sweeteners and foods loaded with additives and preservatives, our bodies start to show problems. These problems include things like aches and pains, fatigue, skin irritations, joint stiffness, belly fat, sinus congestion, bloating and irregular bowel habits.
Doing a 10 day cleanse like this provided me with a lot of excitement but also with the knowledge that the food we eat in this country is toxic! I could feel the biggest difference first hand in just 10 days of eating 100% clean and organic foods. It made me wonder what my body would be like if I ate clean and organic every day? That was the most exciting part about the whole experience. You really don’t know how sick you are until you feel what healthy is supposed to feel like. This cleanse was just the tip of the iceberg too! If this is how good I felt just after 10 days, I can only imagine what it would be like after 30 days or even a year!
If you have ever tried doing a cleanse than you know it can be very difficult. I wanted to provide you with some tips so that you can have a successful experience throughout this process…
- Plan ahead! – I can’t stress this enough. If you want to struggle through your cleanse than don’t do any planning. But if you want to have success, than plan out your schedule at least a few days in advance.
- Keep a Journal – Journaling can be a great way to keep track of your progress. Keep track of what you eat and how much. Jot down how you felt after your meal: Did you eat too much? What was your energy level before and after your meal?
- Research recipes! – This was something that I wish I would have done before my cleanse. My meals got pretty boring because I couldn’t think of anything new to eat. There is so much stuff on the internet so check out Pinterest and Google for fun and tasty meals that are easy to cook and that will fit your needs.
- Write down your goals – What do you want to gain out of doing a cleanse? Are you doing it just for fun? Lose weight? (I dropped 8 pounds the first week!) Whatever your goals might be, write them down and post them on the refrigerator for motivation.
- Tell a friend or family member – You don’t have to go through it alone. By sharing with a friend or family member it will help keep you on track and might even inspire them to do it with you!
- Make a note of any health issues – If you have any allergies, aches or pains, skin irritations, inflammation etc. write them down before you begin your cleanse. That way you can keep track of any changes to your health. I had a patch of itchy skin around my elbow/forearm and by day 8 the irritation was completely gone!
I consider myself a healthy person; I exercise and eat healthier than the average person. I treat my body right but after experiencing just 10 days of 100% clean and organic foods I realized that I have a lot of room for improvement. The increased energy, decreased stress, and better sleep that I experienced was something that I want more of now that I experienced it on that level. It can sometimes take a while to create healthy habits but if you are ready to make a change in your lifestyle, than a 10 day cleanse is the perfect way to jumpstart that process. At New Wave Chiropractic Center we can help guide you through this process. We offer 10 day and 21 day cleanses in our office that will jumpstart your journey to better health and wellness. Just remember that your body will treat you right if you treat your body right, so join us in making that change!
Have any questions? Please comment below and contact us at 760-683-5942.
Comments are closed